Sunday, September 28, 2008

Atlanta Gas Prices!

We're having some issues in Atlanta about being able to get gas. This is what I paid last Wednesday nite after waiting in a long line. It's probably more by now. When you can find a station with gas to sell, many of them are putting a cap of only allowing you to buy $30. at a time. Some people are driving an hour just to find gas! At these prices, you won't get far on $30. The local news says that this will continue for about 3-4 more weeks.


I'm so thankful that I can work from home.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

XOXO,
Penny

32 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny... the gas situation is horrible here in Franklin, NC. Most of the stations have garbage bags over the tanks.There's nothing in town. We did find a place yesterday that let us get 20 bucks worth, then we had to pay $4.40 a gal.We haven't gone sight seeing or to any of the festivals I wanted to go to. It is getting to be a common sight to see 4 or 5 guys pushing a car off the road.

squawmama said...

HI Penny, I can't believe it.. what is the cause of it being so high in price and hard to get? Have you checked diesel and if not would you for me and send me a note... we'll be there in a few weeks so I would like to get an idea what is in store for us. Right now we are in Missouri and it is $3.34 for regular and 3.79 for diesel... I just don't get this gas crap...

Hugs,
Donna

Anonymous said...

Penny, you're welcome to get a copy of the good friends award, I would be flatered

Hugs,
Chris

Lavender Chick said...

I've been hearing about this on CNN; I couldn't believe the long lines of people waiting to get gas. Yes, you are fortunate to work from home!

What a mess!

Lavender Chick said...

I've been hearing about this on CNN; I couldn't believe the long lines of people waiting to get gas. Yes, you are fortunate to work from home!

What a mess!

nikkicrumpet said...

OH MY...I guess I'll stop complaining about $ 3.50 and a ready supply. That must be a real pain in the patoot! Hopefully things will ease up for you all soon!

Anonymous said...

We are usually one of the highest places in GA for gas. I live in Savannah, but we have come down to about $3.79 for regular. They are suppose to be regulating gas prices because of gouging in GA. So far I haven't heard of shortages here. Hope it eases soon for ya'al. Karen

Raxx - A day in the life said...

I know gas prices are an issue in some parts of the US, hope that changes soon!

My weekend is going OK, no major activity, what did you do?

Bridget said...

Wow, it's pretty rare to find an area that has prices higher than CA. We are under $4 right now.
We'll keep you company so you can stay home till Atlanta has gas again!

santamaker said...

Hey there, I can totally relate...spent 2 and a half hours getting gas yesterday...the line was half a mile long. People are getting frustrated! In that period of time the police were called 3 times because of jerks trying to cut in line. It wasn't pretty...lots of cussing, it's just a mess over here in Acworth, Ga. I guess I'll have to actually stay home and maybe do some santamaking!
Be good,
santa

Justine said...

I thought my friend Julie was BSing me about waiting in an hour long line for gas! So weird that it's affecting you guys, and not us down here! WTH?

Justine :o )

artis1111 said...

Last week we were paying 4.99 Now it is 3.39 no 3.48 no 3.49.no 352, no. What the heck it jusmps mopre than a rabbit. The thing is when it started ,people started filling their tanks. I just put in 10.00 at a time. The panic is what drains the tanks. One brother lives in Woodstock. He drives his wife to the bus station , which takes her to the train station , into downtown Atlanta. I haven't heard from him this week. Kathy

Justine said...

Penny, just wanted to let you know that when it comes to me, there's no such thing as being intrusive! I'm an open book, so any time you want to email me for any reason, just do it!

Justine :o )

Rene' said...

I too am thankful that I work from home! Looking forward to cleaning out the closets this week. Rene'

Buffie said...

Mike said they may have rerouted the pipe lines to send more gas to the coastal areas in preparation for hurrican Ike...so if we're the on'e causing your woes let me be the first to say SOWWY!

Bo said...

Eeek...that's at least a dollar more than we are having to pay and we have no long lines as of yet...
I can't imagine what the cause is for y'all...hmmm. ;-) Bo

Anonymous said...

Hey Penny, check out my blog when you get a chance, I tagged you, but not a clue how to link you. :)
Love your music. Wish I could copy it.

Hugs,
Chris

Lisa (aka) French said...

Penny I hear ya girl I had to wait 20 minutes today and they capped off the amount to $40 per4 person and we had to pay cash no credit or debit cards! This is ridiculous! So sorry I haven't visited having a hard time keeping up these days! French;)

squawmama said...

Penny.. Check out my blog I tagged you... Sorry didn't know Chris had done it too... while your there how about signing my guess book and also feel free to take the friendship award in the previous post...

Hugs,
Donna

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Hi Penny, I live in Metro ATL so I'm feeling your pain! I've been lucky so far...keep stumbling over Quik Trips with hardly any line just about the time I am getting down to a quarter of a tank. Hope this mess ends soon! Susan

Anonymous said...

Penny,

I was watching the news this morning and I heard about the gas crisis! How horrible. I hope it gets better soon.

xoxoxoxo
Donna

Bridget said...

Hi Penny, sorry, I was out of town visiting my mom yesterday.
Shelia lived in Galveston which you know took a terrible hit from Ike. I don't know if her house was completely destroyed but no one has heard anything from her since she posted a note saying that they had evacuated with her mom and were fine. At the very least, her life is in turmoil right now. It is heartbreaking to imagine what she is going through. I just hope that nothing has happened to her, her mother or Mr. Precious.
She has had a couple of post but they were obviously prescheduled in blogger.

SG said...

Yikes. We are under $4.00 now but that's still a lot of money! Where I live it's hard not to drive.

Bridget said...

I have something on my blog for you!

Anonymous said...

Hey where are you, I miss ya....Come visit me I have an award for you.

Hugs,
Chris

Kathy said...

Hey Penny, Sorry to hear about the gas prices in your area, that's bad, We are used to paying a lot here in CA, but in England we used to pay nearer $8 (4pnds) YIKES!!!.
Been out of town, hope you are well, hugs, Kathy.

Darlene - Our Creative Life said...

Just stumbled upon your blog. Why is there such a shortage in Georgia? We seem to have plenty here in Arkansas. I'm glad like you that I work from home though! Now just need to get hubby to work from home instead of commuting 1 hour each way every day!

Gucci Mama said...

I'm glad it's not that bad here yet. Although, if you want to see a big, tough army man cry? Go fill up our Yukon XL with my husband. I mean, they're manly tears, but tears none the less. Is nonetheless one word? I think so. Anyway, I hope the situation improves soon!

Anonymous said...

Where are you, are you sitting on the side of the road totally out of gas. LOL I miss you.

Hugs,
Chris

Bridget said...

Hey Penny, How are things in your world? Drop me a line sometime. I miss you.

Lisa (aka) French said...

Guess bridget and I were thinking the same thing~~~COME BACK PENNY COME BACK we kinda sorta really, truly miss you;) French

Kathy said...

Me too! Penny, havent heard from you in a while, hope you are well, hugs, Kathy.