
If you enjoy an adult beverage now and then I'd like to reintroduce you to good old Southern Comfort. It's whiskey mixed with a secret blend of flavors (peach, orange, vanilla, cinnamon...). I remember ordering it in my early twenties, but I never went out and bought a bottle. It's now my drink of choice, and I think it's become my husband's new fave too. Janis Joplin liked it so much she hinted to the company that because she drank it so much onstage they should pay her for advertising. They sent her a big check! I like it with lite cranberry juice, but a lot of people like it with club soda or cola. If you mix it with orange juice I don't think you'll ever order the same old screwdriver again. Be careful, as it's so good it's dangerous! Below is a crowd pleasing recipe that has great reviews on allrecipes.com. The recipe creator is a very southern lady herself - Ms. Paula Deen. Come on over and help me get this party started! XOXO
Southern Comfort Punch
1 large can frozen orange juice concentrate
1 can frozen banana daiquiri mix (or strawberry)
3/4 cup lemon juice
1 1/2 liter ginger ale 1 5th bottle Southern Comfort whiskey, or to taste
Lemonade Ice Ring, recipe follows
In a large punch bowl, combine orange juice concentrate, banana daiquiri mix and lemon juice. Stir to blend. Slowly add ginger ale. Remove excess foam with a spoon and stir in Southern Comfort. Add lemonade ice ring.
In a large punch bowl, combine orange juice concentrate, banana daiquiri mix and lemon juice. Stir to blend. Slowly add ginger ale. Remove excess foam with a spoon and stir in Southern Comfort. Add lemonade ice ring.
Lemonade Ice Ring:
2 lemons, sliced round
1 orange, sliced round
2 limes, sliced round
1 small jar maraschino cherries
1 quart lemonade 1 sprig mint, optional
In a round mold, place some sliced lemons, oranges and lime rings in the bottom. Place cherries in the center of the orange rings. Slowly add lemonade just to cover. Freeze. Remove mold from freezer and add more fruit and mint leaves. Slowly fill with lemonade and freeze again. Place frozen ice ring in punch.
In a round mold, place some sliced lemons, oranges and lime rings in the bottom. Place cherries in the center of the orange rings. Slowly add lemonade just to cover. Freeze. Remove mold from freezer and add more fruit and mint leaves. Slowly fill with lemonade and freeze again. Place frozen ice ring in punch.
Yield: 1 ice ring Prep Time: 10 minutes, plus freezing time Ease of preparation: easy


3 comments:
I've got more company coming today, and I will try this recipe. I haven't made an ice ring in years. I've done the vodka thing in a milk carton, with flowers. Have a great weekend.
I just figured out how to get to peoples blog. I am new at this, so don't hat me for being late. I HATE TO BE LATE, for a verry important date. Now I sound like the mad hatter. I will try to do better. Thank you for stopping in on my blog. I do love Paulas food.Her sons do a chocolate gob with filling !YUM!!Kathy
YUUUMMM! Sound so good! I'm having a dinner party soon, I'm going to try the punch!
Post a Comment