Saturday, June 7, 2008

The Rolling Stones, Shine A Light


At the age of 16 in 1971 I told my mom the biggest lie in my entire time at home. Instead of going on a trip to the beach with my friends parents like I said we were doing, my friend and I packed up my white VW beetle and drove ten hours from central FL to Tuscaloosa, AL to see The Rolling Stones! Stevie Wonder opened for them and it was a phenomenal show to say the least. My framed ticket stub and photos from the concert is still hanging proud! Even though the ten hours one way was totally worth it, since then I've only seen them when they've come to town.

Last Thursday nite, Clay & I met our good friends Bob & Susan (who are getting married this month!), at the fabulous Fox Theatre where they showed the movie "Shine A Light". We all had a seriously fun time. Here is the movie write up: A fresh look at the "Greatest Rock 'N Roll Band Ever" through the lens of one of the greatest behind-the-camera men ever, Martin Scorsese. Martin Scorsese and the Rolling Stones unite in "Shine A Light," a look at The Rolling Stones." Scorcese filmed the Stones over a two-day period at the intimate Beacon Theater in New York City in fall 2006. Cinematographers capture the raw energy of the legendary band.
Fabulous Fox Trivia - The Fox Theatre Ranked #1 Venue in the U.S. For its Size. It would cost 300 million to replace today.
XOXO

2 comments:

artis1111 said...

Hi Penny , my brother has seen them I don't know how many times. I bought him a blue jean jacket one year for Christmas, I mainted a large record on the back and put all og their albums. Then I painted the lips on it, I think he still has that jacket. Kathy

lvroftiques said...

I bet that was the BESTest time!! and yes, even worth the deceit. My best girlfriend's dad was a concert promoter here in Seattle in the late 70's and he took us to a party at Ann and Nancy Wilson's (of Heart) place on lake sammamish. Mick Jagger flew in by helicopter and I was able to meet him. he was very nice, but I wondered what all the hoop-a-la was about? thought he was kinda homely!Lol! well of course now I'm a major Stones fan! And I look back on that party as one of the best in my life! I was in LOVE with Roger Fisher at the time *winks* and only had eyes for him....alas he did NOT have eyes for me.....his loss! LMAO!! Vanna