Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Saturday Boating on Lake Lanier in Georgia

We've had our boat since 1989 and I was so thrilled the day we got it! However, I confess that I don't love boating on hot days like I used to. For one thing I hurt my back seriously bad 9 years ago and it just can't take any hard bumps. Now if we had a pretty home on the water and we were going out for sunset spins, or when we go for spins on a beautiful fall day or something, that's a whole different game! But to just go out and hang all day in the blazing hot sun is pretty tough and sometimes just plain boring. I could be shopping or agonizing over paint chips or something! Anyway, I promised Clay last week that we'd go boating on Saturday if the weather was nice. Being the good wifey that I am, I kept my word with no hesitation or complaints.



Here's Clay in a real happy moment. He LOVES being behind the wheel of the boat. He's just a grown up boy!!! We're off and we're going to have a good time! Weeeee!


Since we were both hungry we head over to a marina for a little lunch. Clay got a big manly man mushroom burger, and I ordered the grouper fingers. The fingers were deelish, but the fries were a little soggy so I got them to go and fed the ducks. The duckies LOVED them. :-)


I called some friends of ours to see if they would be up on the lake that day and lucky me they were! We all met up in "Cocktail Cove". You can see some pretty crazy things going on in cocktail cove. Lots of people get on top of their boats and do a little dancing. Buffie would LOVE it here. I think there's even a webcam for this spot. Music, drinking, dancing, or just relaxing in the water, it's all here. Here is a picture of Dave (major flippin hottie and Glenna's husband) and Clay in the water. I'm in the boat under the bimini shade of course. Oh yea, see the white cushion next to Clay? Clay's actually sitting inside a life jacket so he floats, and that white cushion is his table. I'm getting ready to throw him a cold can of beer. Gotta have cold beer on a Hotlanta day!


Here is a pic of Glenna (married to Dave who was in the water with Clay) and Jean Louis the adorable Golden. She likes REALLY expensive fine wine. See how low the lake level is? Normally you would never see anthing but the trees. We could use more rain. And oh, I almost forgot, that's Jimmy Buffet on the right eating sun chips with roasted red pepper hummus.



Did I get ya' with that Jimmy Buffet comment? Well, he does look a whole lot like Jimmy when he smiles, but his name is Jerry. :-) And here's Jerry with his pretty wife Sharon and that's Clay on the right. I'm sorry I didn't get a better pic of the boat, cuz she's a brand new beauty! Sharon is a great cook. She's drinking champagne with strawberries and had just shared some of the best homemade toasted herbed almonds ever. She'd make a great cooking show host! For real she would. Maybe she should enter one of those HGTV win a show contests.

Everyone had some fun! INCLUDING ME!!!! I guess if you're with friends the heat isn't so bad!!!

XOXO, Penny

14 comments:

mrsben said...

Loved this day on the water! Looks like great fun. Know exactly what you mean about 'boys and their toys', just seems they never outgrow them....ha!

Wish I cud share some of our rain and cooler temps with you. We are suppose to be in Summer but seems more like Spring mode. (We had such a loooooong winter and now this, I think a Tropical Cruise is on the Christmas Wish List..smiles.)

HAVE A BEAUTIFUL DAY! (Glad that you got your Blog glitch sorted out.) -Brenda-

Kathy said...

Clay does look happy with his toy, reminds me of Giovanni, I must admit I do enjoy going out (seems to clear all the stress of the week) but the bumps can be quite hard on you lower back, not to mention all that sun, Sharon's boat looks lovely and I am glad you had fun too and the ducks enjoyed the fries. hugs, KAthy.
PS I am still having trouble in blogland cannot seem to visit some blogs. Kathy.

Raxx - A day in the life said...

Penny!

My hubby wants a boat so badly......yours looks like a beauty.

Love the blog, wish i could have seen you though, try handing over the camera next time!!

Penny said...

Hey gals, thanks for stopping by!

Raquel, there is a pic of me in on the right side of the blog taken last fall. I've got the poodle girls with me in the boat. I love boating when it's a little chilly. I remember when we got home we enjoyed a fire in the backyard. Now that's a primo day! If your hubby wants a boat, I bet he'll be getting one! :-)

Hugs,
Penny

nikkicrumpet said...

I'm still laughing about the look on your hubby's face...boy does he look like one happy man. Although I have to say it looked like a day of pure heaven!

Lisa (aka) French said...

Looks like you had a blast! I have a friend at work who keeps insisting I go boating with her and her hubby but I am in the same (boat) no pun intended as you~~bad back! But I really want to see the lake I wished I lived on so will have to set it up soon;) French

Anonymous said...

Penny!!! It looks like you have a lovely day! :) I love boats and being out on the water! It's so calming.

I am glad that you enjoyed yourself!

Hugs,
xoxoxoxo
Donna

Justine said...

Ooh, I wish I could have been with you! I hate the heat too, but I would have been in the water with your honey. How come you didn't go swimming? There aren't snakes and icky things in there, is there?

Justine :o )

Bridget said...

Penny, I think you and Frenchie and I will all sit on the shore and wave at the other ladies as they take a break from our shopping and cruise Lake Cuomo with George. As long as we're going to be Italy, we might as well stop by and visit George don't you think?
Your friends look like fun. Too bad you didn't have more pictures of Mr. Hottie. I'm with the lady and the champange...looks like the right way to spend a day on the water.

artis1111 said...

Ha! I am sitting with French! I can't swim!! We will just eat all the berries!!Kathy

Buffie said...

Signing? Dancing? Drinking? Man, I wish I would've been there, you bet I would LOVE it there!!! Sounds like you guys had a blast too!

Bridget said...

Hi Penny, I have a new post and I've tagged you to play along if you're interested...no obligation!

Bridget said...

Yay Penny! We have a winner!!!!! Finally someone wants to play. I was getting tired of sitting on the bench all by myself. You couldn't tell I was pouting or anything could you? LOL
I put a link to my email address on my blog profile page. Send me your mailing address when you get a chance!
Hugs, Gigi

Bridget said...

Penny, if you click on my name and go to my profile, there is a little email button you can click on to send me a note.