Sunday, August 24, 2008

Retirement Party and Luxury Bathroom

So Clay has this friend Tom that he goes cave diving with on a fairly regular basis. Tom's stilla young guy at 56, and to tell you the truth, he hasn't worked much in years because he's married to Carol. Carol has enjoyed a success with her corporate career. I guess one day Tom woke up and decided he'd quit pretending to work and Carol said she was on to him anyway, so why not? Besides, Tom & Carol's house it is totally 100% scary spotless thanks to Tom. Anyway, a friend decides it's a great excuse to throw a party! So here are some pics....

And since Tom loves pizza the host made sure Tom had some......


Another friend of Tom's made these t shirts!

And because I know my blog girlfriends are just like me and just can't get enough design, I thought I'd share the master bathroom in the house. I should have taken a bathroom diva shot but I forgot! I LOVE the tall white pine doors, the travertine and the tub. This tub is one of the newer ones that is made out of soft material. No more hard under the butt! Bubble it up and get the wine! Makes me want to redo our bathroom right now!
Clay felt pretty silly but I had him walk in the shower so you could see how big it is. Two shower heads! I guess two heads are better than one. LOL It's so huge there aren't any shower doors. I think Clay said something about "why aren't we in the Cayman Islands at the Ritz and this is in OUR suite?" I couldn't have agreed more.
And here's what's on the other side of that shower wall. Beautiful! All I'd do is add a couple of plants, some pretty perfume bottles, you know...girl it up a little more!


Okay, back to reality. This morning I sauteed eggs in our humble little kitchen in my beloved iron skillet........ eggs, toast with mango jam, grapefruit, and morningside veggie sausage (honesly they aren't so bad)....... come on over!


XOXO,

Penny

25 comments:

artis1111 said...

I'm here for FOOD!!! The bath is beautiful Food alwaysrings people running. Looks like I get a fork first!!!Heeeee Kathy

Penny said...

Come on down Kathy! Whatever you want for dinner, I'll make it for ya!

Raxx - A day in the life said...

Hi penny!!

I don't know if everyone knows this but i looove food too! and i really appreciate photos of food, etiher at a restaurant or home cooked!

Wow! that's a fab bath.
Nice to get the hubbies to pose for us now and again, secretly they like our blogs too!

Anonymous said...

Hey Penny! My DH retired almost 5 years ago at 53. I still haven't fully adjusted and don't know if I ever will. Tell Carol to tell Tom my favorite bit of wisdom, "I married you for breakfast and dinner." But truthfully, we are both blessed to have DH's retired, healthy, and enjoying life!

nikkicrumpet said...

That bathroom is STUNNING!! I love the vanity area with that built in dresser looking thingy...cripes thats lovely!

Raxx - A day in the life said...

Penny i'd like the recepie for your fried ochroes, we usuall just fry them as is with a little onion and garlic!

Penny said...

Sure Raquel, it's pretty easy. I'll post it here and on your blog too! After you slice up the okra just cover it with milk and a beaten egg. I put it in the fridge for about 15 minutes. Then I pull it out and roll the little guys in a mixture of 1/2 corn meal 1/2 flour. I season this mixture with whatever seasoning you like. I like cayenne pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, salt. I like things spicy so I'm not stingy with the cayenne! You can also season the corn meal and flour mixture with curry and lemon pepper and that's darn tasty, but I love curry and some people don't. Poor people! Hey, do you ever like fried catfish? I use seasoning number one for catfish and then make a mixture of light mayo/curry/lemon juice. Then I slice french bread to make a catfish sandwich using the curry lemon mayo. You'll be saying OH MY GOD! :-)

imjacobsmom said...

I'm going to steal that pizza idea for my Dad's birthday party next week. That bathroom is to die for and your kitchen's not to shabby either! Robyn

Anonymous said...

Penny... Oh darn, I missed breakfast! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa! hehehehe! (lol)

That bathroom was stunning! I would have posed in that baby! lol! I would have struck a serious pose! (lol)

I can't wait to post tomorrow! :)

xoxoxo
Donna

Bridget said...

Hi Penny, Thanks for thinking of us girls and getting those bathroom shots. I do wish you had taken a Diva shot though!
I'll be over next weekend for the eggs on sunday, okay?!

onlymehere said...

Thanks for stopping by! I wish we could retire at 56 bz it's not that far away! I'll be working until the day I die I'm afraid! LOL. Love the bathroom too.

SG said...

Ooooh. Thanks for sharing. Love the pics of the bathroom! And your kitchen too. I love seeing people's kitchens.

That's awesome he gets to retire so young. My husband can retire at 55 too and I can't wait.

What cute ideas for the retirement party too. I'm sure he loved it.

Justine said...

Wow, what a cool party, huh? I love the graphic they put on the shirt!!!!!!! Too funny. And oh my, that bathroom is to die for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is Clay now a bathroom diva? LOL!

Ooh, you ruin a good fattening breakfast by having veggie sausage? Ewwwwwww!
Justine :o )

Lavender Chick said...

Love that tub! Bathing is my hobby, so I know a good tub when I see one! Looks like y'all had a great party, loved the t-shirt.

Also, can I come over for breakfast and/or dinner? If it makes it easier for you, I'm fine having okra for breakfast or dinner - I'll eat it at any meal. And of course, anything cooked in a cast iron skillet is my favorite meal!

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Penny! Just wanted to pop in to say hello! :)

xoxoxoxo
Donna

Lisa (aka) French said...

Love that bathroom! But believe it or not what really caught my eye is that Sailboat~~~think you can scoop it and send it this way;) Oh I would love to paint the ceiling but because it's an open concept house couldn't stop! Too much painting for this girl at least for now;) French

Raxx - A day in the life said...

Penny, thanks for the recipe! I have ochroes growing in my garden so I will definitely try it!

Girl the way you used the trini language was just too much fun!

Kathy said...

Hi Penny, WOW What a bathroom and WHAT a Shower, I loved the pizza's, hope your friend has a long and happy retirement doing whatever makes him happy, sounded like a fun party, and a perfect after party breakfast yum!!. hugs, Kathy

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny! That's an amazing bathroom, but shoot, I'm disappointed! I thot I was going to have a bathroom snap of you! Now you be a brave girl and take your little camera in a bathroom and snap snap snap then let me know! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. That bathroom is so beautiful. Have a great week!

artis1111 said...

I saw someone eating your okra!! I have proof!!! Kathy

Buffie said...

Oh wow, love that bathroom! The sailboat is so cool too. I just bought Mike a sailboat model kit to make...to keep him occupied while he's recuperating. It's gonna be realy neat! I can put it in his home office when he's done...

Lisa (aka) French said...

Oh Penny not this week honey it's next week;) I hate to wait another week but have to!! French;)

Tardevil said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tardevil said...

Just wanted to drop by and check out your site since I see your name alot (that's my name too, so I was curious). Would love to see more of the tole tray. I, too, have one above my cooktop. Aren't they pretty? Have a nice fall.