WOW! Clay and I had a complete blast at the Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers concert last nite. Here are some photos!
The opening act was Steve Winwood who is also awesome. Here is a picture of when Winwood came on stage with Petty for a few songs. Clay actually got to shake his hand backstage! Clay is still buzzing high about that! Yes, we got to go backstage!
Here is Tom smiling. He's one in a million and I love seeing someone doing what they love and having a great life doing it. He is truly someone a person can look up to for inspiration. I hope he never, ever quits touring!
Here is a self portrait of Clay and I having fun at the concert!
Mike Campbell and Scott Thurston jammin'
Petty Rockin'
I ran into the super nice Lynn Stroud. I know her through my job, and we occasionally run into each other at concerts in Atlanta. Her husband is a really nice guy and more than just your awesome guitar player. His name is Peter Stroud and he's the guitar player for Sheryl Crow's band. He's also co-owner/founder of 65 amps. What a life! He's played with Keith Richards, Jeff Beck, and more great guitar player's than I'll ever know. Lynn was there with Peter and their son Dylan. They all looked adorable together, but I was so excited to get my picture with Lynn because you know how behind every great man there's a good woman and Lynn is a doll! :-)
Here's a picture of our group leaving to go home. A good time was had by all.


9 comments:
Tom Petty ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome!!! Wish I would've been there! LUCKY!!! ~~~Freee~~~Free fallin'~~~
Hey Penny, Glad you all had a blast at the concert, I love his music also, looks like you had great seats, were you right at the front???. how cool to know someone in Sheryl Crows band!!. lucky you.
Cannot wait to see your Seven Songs, bet they will be awesome.
Kathy
Hey Penny, Glad you all had a blast at the concert, I love his music also, looks like you had great seats, were you right at the front???. how cool to know someone in Sheryl Crows band!!. lucky you.
Cannot wait to see your Seven Songs, bet they will be awesome.
Kathy
First let me say, I love the cute outfit you were wearing! And, you must have had great seats to get such good pics! But I'm laughing looking at this last one of your group. 'Cause... how is the guy in the front standing/sitting/leaning and not falling down? ROFL!
Justine :o )
looks like you had a great time! your pics are incredible!
"I Need To Know" if "You Got Lucky" and you didn't "Breakdown" on the way to the concert? Please "Don't Come Around Here No More" because I'm tired of "The Waiting" and "I'm Learning To Fly" "Into The Great Wide Open" and "I Won't Back Down" because "Even The Losers" have to "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around!"
Hey, I'm glad you have a great time! I wish I could have been there!!! I love Tom Petty and Steve Winwood! Your outfit was very cute! Everyone in the photo looks to be having a swell time except for the guy in the white shorts!
Looks like you had a blast! Last concert I went to with hubby was Aerosmith and Lenny Kravitz and Lenny killed it! He was awesome and sounded so good live, of course Aerosmith was a blast too glad you had a great time;) French
Hi Penny! I'd never heard any of TP's songs he sang at the Super Bowl. Can you beleive it? Oh well, I'm 56 and stuck in the Motown & Disco eras. Thanks so much for visiting my new blog! Yours is delightful! -mk
Post a Comment