Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Shoud I take the vine out?


Have you ever planted flowers and it just turned out different from what you expected? Here is a planter with purple petunias, a vine plant and a couple of other flowers that I put in to attract hummingbirds. The problem is the vine plant is taking over! It was one little 4 inch vine when I planted it! Should I take the vine out so the other plants have some space to grow?
The gardenia bushes are bloomin'!

XOXO,
Penny

5 comments:

artis1111 said...

It is beautiful no matter what is in it. .Love the white behind it. Kathy

Tootsie said...

that looks like a sweet potato vine! if you plan to keep it alive for an indefinite period of time, take it out. If your climate is like ours...it will be an annual...and will be fine. That planter looks amazing! I would be proud of that baby! Thanks for the invite..I will be adding you to my list of visits!

Raxx - A day in the life said...

Hi there!

I like your blog, as for the planter i love petunias so much i would leave them by themselves! besides do whatever Tootsie says, she's a pro! Great Pic!

Raxx - A day in the life said...

Hi Penny, I actually have a sister with the same name, her name is actually Penelope! thanks so much for your lovely comment and compliments, btw the creature my son was holding is an iguana! lol

Buffie said...

Oh it's so pretty!! But yeah, whatever Toots says I'd do! HAHA! Well she's the PRO! She's our gardening guru!