Thursday, August 14, 2008

Mom's Knee Surgery Went Well

Hey everybody! Sorry I haven't been around much. My mom had knee replacement surgery yesterday morning so I've been away from the computer. Here is a picture of mom just a couple of hours after surgery. The doc (hottie) said she did great and he's giving her some good pain meds.
I think it's to say that she didn't wear that knee out by joggin or playing tennis. LOL Arthritis sucks. Bless her heart she's definitley going to need a walker for a little while.

Did you happen to notice the adorable flowers on her little table? They came from a local farm and I got a huge bunch for only Eight Dollars! Here are some more of the bunch on the glass table in our great room. Now please don't think I was all selfish for only taking my mom the little arrangement. There's no room in her room for a big bunch and I'm pretty sure she'll be getting more from her red hatter friends. That's it! I need to take a pic of her with her red hat on. :-) Okay, back to the flowers, here they are....


And look, I even made another little bitty arrangement for the kitchen table. The piggies say hello! The little black thing in the yard is one of the dogs many stuffed toys. Poor little bear got left in the rain and is all messed up, but that's okay cuz' we've learned to throw all the toys in the laundry around here. :-)
Well, I guess I better find my way back to the hospital to make sure mom gets more pain pills and lot's of encouragement.
XOXO,
Penny



17 comments:

SG said...

There you are! Oh, I didn't know your mom was getting knee surgery. I wish her a speedy recovery.

You are too funny explaining the black dot in the photo outside the window. That made me LOL for sure.

Take good care of your mom!

Anonymous said...

Hey there Penny! I had no idea that your Mom was having surgery. She looks to be in good spirits. I will keep her in my prayers.

I love the flowers! :)

Like Schmecky said, "Take good care of your Mom".

xoxoxo
(((((HUGS)))))
Donna

Buffie said...

Hi Penny's mom! Glad you did well!!! love the flowers, they look like Spring to me!

artis1111 said...

So glad your mom is doing good!!She will be up in no time !Kathy

Bridget said...

Penny, I hope you are home from the hospital and getting some rest. Did your mom think you were nuts for wanting to take a picture of her in the hospital?
How many days will they be keeping her? Are you the only person to provide care for her after she gets home?
I'll be keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers!
Love, Bridget

Justine said...

Glad to hear her surgery went so well! My mom has had knee replacement done twice, on the SAME KNEE. It's such a painful recovery, I'm glad your mom has you in her corner, cheering her on.

Justine :o )

nikkicrumpet said...

Here's wishing your mom a speedy recovery!

Penny said...

When I went back to the hospital today she had started taking a turn for the worse. I really do think she's going to be okay, but she's now in ICU. They don't know what went wrong, but we think something to do with the anestetia (sp?). Her blood pressure dropped to 60/40 and wouldn't budge and kidneys started failing! They've given her lots of fluids, blood, and who knows what all else. Her vitals are waaaay better tonite, expecially after the blood, so everyone feels she's turned the corner and will be okay. Visiting hours are stricter in ICU so I'm home now until the morning.

Thank you so much for your sweet comments.

Bridget, mom is single, but only lives about 3 miles from us. One of my brothers will stay with her and I'll go over all I can. She also has girlfriends in her condo community that I know will pitch in. Girlfriends are so important! :-)

Love ya'll bunches.
Penny

Lisa (aka) French said...

So glad to hear she made it through surgery unscathed!! Hugs to you and her;) French

Justine said...

Oh Penny, I'm so sorry you had such a scare with Mom yesterday. I'll say a prayer for her today that everything stays stable!

Justine :o )

Lisa (aka) French said...

Hey Penny! How smart you are yes the plott hound is the NC dog or at least that's what I was told...their breed was started there;) French;)

Kathy said...

Hey Penny, I Missed all the scary stuff with your mum's operation and vital's, they really do pull out all the stops when this happens and I am glad to hear your mum is doing well now, hope you get some rest tonight I bet you are very tired and worn out with worry, speak soon, hugs, Kathy.

Raxx - A day in the life said...

Penny you are such a sweet daughter! I wish your mom a speedy recovery too!!

Lavender Chick said...

Oh goodness... Sorry to hear that she took a turn for the worse, but good to hear that her vitals are better. That's a tough surgery. I'm sure those red hat ladies will get her spirits back up and she'll be partying with them in no time at all! Thanks for keeping us posted.

Beautiful flowers, by the way!

Bridget said...

Penny I just wanted to check in and see how your mom is doing! I hope things are coming along well for her.
Hugs, bridget

Kathy said...

Hey Penny, I will try to make my bday last all month, sounds like a great idea to me haha. Hope you mum continues to improve and is up and around real soon, have a great week, hugs, Kathy.

Justine said...

How's mom doing today, Penny? is she home yet? Will she stay with you during recovery? How are YOU holding up?

Justine :o )